Electric meters are read on the last day of the month via automated meter reading. All electric bills are due on the 27th of each month.
General Electric Service
Use the kilowatt-hours (kWh) amount shown on your bill.
- Multiply your kWh by the energy charges shown below ($0.1049 is our residential rate, which stays the same each month).
- Ex. 1500 (kWh) x $0.1049 = $157.20
- Next, multiply your kWh by the WPCT (this cost will vary due to Hoosier Energy’s variable costs they pass onto us).
- Ex. 1500 (kWh) x $0.01681 = $25.22
- Add the above amounts to the facility charge, see your bill for this amount (this charge will stay the same each month).
- Add 7% Indiana sales tax to get your total amount due.
Rates and Charges
Monthly Rate Schedule (Residential)
- Energy charges (all kWh per month) — $0.1049/kWh
- Wholesale power cost tracker (all kWh per mth) — $0.01682/kWh
- Facility charge — $32.50/month
LED Security Light
Schedule of Non-recurring Charges (Appendix B)
|$25||Insufficient Fund (NSF) Check Charge||Service charge for any NSF check returned by bank (unless the bank is at fault).|
|$50||Reconnect Charge||A charge to reconnect an existing electric service during normal working hours.|
|$200||After Hours Reconnect Charge||A charge to reconnect an existing electric service after normal working hours, requiring the Standby Crew.|
|$50||After Hours Reconnect Charge||A charge to reconnect an existing electric service with a meter collar, after normal working hours.|
|$100||Seasonal Reconnect Charge||A charge to reconnect an existing electric service that a member utilizes seasonally, e.g., grain bins, camp sites.|
|$500||Equipment Tampering Charge||A charge imposed if physical evidence exists which indicates that our equipment has been altered or tampered with.|
|$20||Transfer Service Fee||A clerical fee charged when transferring an active electric account from one member to another.|
|$200||Meter Reading Charge||Each member’s meter is read by an automated system. If a member requests an alternative method for meter reading the cooperative may impose a monthly charge.|
|$75||Locate Charge||A charge imposed when a locate is done per a member’s request on their side of the meter.|
|$125||In Home Display (IHD) Unit Charge||A charge imposed when a member fails to return an IHD unit or if the unit is damaged due to neglect or abuse.|
|$50||Pre-Pay Setup Charge||An equipment charge to setup a pre-pay account. If the location already has the necessary equipment the charge will be waived.|
|$150||Fault Finding Charge||Fee charged to member for fault finding on their side of the meter.|
|$200||Return Trip Charge||A charge imposed if a crew must return to a member’s site due to the member not being prepared for the initial scheduled installation.|