Ways to Pay
Pay Your Bill Online
SmartHub is a mobile and web application that allows you to:
- View and change account information
- Monitor and analyze your electric usage
- Make payments in a secure environment, all from your mobile device or computer.
- Add notifications that you would like to receive by email or text message.
- Use planning markers to track when energy-efficient changes are made to your home and monitor the energy consumption.
- Compare daily, monthly, and yearly usage with the analysis tool.
Access and manage your electric account with your current online username and password or create a new online account. Get the app for your Android or Apple device.
You can make a one time payment without setting up an account.Pay Now
PO Box 219
Drop off your payment anytime and leave it in the night depository located in the Southern Indiana Power parking lot.
Southern Indiana Power has an automated, secure phone system specifically for taking payments. This system is the only way the co-op will accept payment by phone – by calling (844) 827-4763. Southern Indiana Power accepts VISA, Mastercard, and Discover credit cards for payment of electric bills.
The automated phone system is:
- Available 24/7
- Accessible from any phone
There is no additional fee for this service. No computer or internet access required. Before you call, you need your account number or phone number.
In order to initiate a payment transaction, you must call us, and use this automated system. Southern Indiana Power will never contact you over the phone asking for payment. Other co-ops have reported members receiving phone calls from someone posing as the power company and demanding payment to avoid disconnection. If you receive a phone call of this nature, please hang up and contact the authorities.
Autopay (Automatic Bank Draft)
Paying your bill is easy with Southern Indiana Power’s Autopay (automatic bank draft). Instead of other conventional methods, you may prefer to have the amount of your monthly bill automatically deducted from your designated bank account through Autopay.
This service is:
- Is free to all our members
- Requires your permission
- Will automatically draw money from your bank account to pay your monthly bill on the 20th of every month
- If this date falls on a holiday or weekend, the draft will occur the next business day
Once you sign up, you will receive your bill as usual. However, included on the bill will be the statement, “ACH DRAFTED – DO NOT PAY”. The bill is sent for your records. Besides being convenient, Autopay is totally free — neither the cooperative nor your bank charge for this service.
If you are interested, please fill out this Autopay Authorization (PDF) form and send a voided check by mail to our office, otherwise simply click the button below to submit the application online.
Members who participate in Autopay are automatically entered in a $50 monthly drawing.Sign Up for Autopay
Members of Southern Indiana Power can apply to participate in our Pre-Pay Program. With the program, the member will not be mailed a monthly statement for electric usage or other applicable fees or charges. The member is responsible for regularly monitoring the balance on the account.
For more information and to sign up, view the Pre-Pay Program form below.Sign Up for Pre-Pay
Most people experience higher electric bills in summer and winter, when temperatures are at extreme highs and lows. Members who enroll in our Budget Billing program can avoid this seasonal swing and can have their bill amount averaged based on the previous 13 months of electric use.
If you are interested in Budget Billing, sign up using the form below.
The Budget Billing program allows residential consumers of Southern Indiana Power to enter an agreement for average billing payments for electric service on an annual basis.
- The initial Budget Bill amount will be determined by a member of the SIP staff. It is based on the following:
- Consumer Members’ average usage over the previous twelve months.
- The peak months for that Member’s household (Summer vs. Winter).
- The monthly invoice sent to the Consumer will include the current balance of their Budget Bill account, whether it’s a credit (negative balance) or a deficit.
- Upon meeting the eligibility requirements, Consumers may request Budget Billing at any point during the year.
- A formal review of the account will take place every September to ensure the Members’ usage patterns haven’t changed, which could result in a large deficit or credit on the account.
- Member will receive a letter each September, giving them an update on their account.
- Account will also be reviewed in March. Member will only be contacted by Southern Indiana Power if a change to their Budget Billing account needs to take place.
- Consumer Member must have a minimum of one year of billing history on the account.
- Current balance on account must be $0.00.
- Consumers participating in the Prepaid Program are not eligible.
- Consumers shall agree to make the minimum monthly payment during the regular 17-day payment period: 10th of the month through the 27th. Failure of the Consumer to make such payment for two (2) consecutive months, and/or if the service is disconnected, shall render the agreement null and void.
- If the Consumer issues a bad check to the Cooperative for payment, the agreement shall be rendered null and void, and the Consumer will be removed from Budget Billing.
Program Conditions: Consumer Member must understand…
- When the evaluation of the Budget Bill account takes place, the following will be taken into consideration:
- The current balance (credit or deficit) on the account.
- Changes to the usage patterns over the past twelve months.
- Previous usage patterns for the upcoming season
- Expected rate changes.
Program Conditions (continued): Consumer Member must understand…
- If the agreement is cancelled by SIP for violation of the provisions of this agreement, they will not be eligible to enter into a new agreement for average billing payments for twelve (12) months.
- The monthly budgeted amount is NOT the amount actually billed to the member.
- As such, if the account is closed, or this agreement is terminated, any balance due (deficit) must be paid at that time.
If there is a credit (negative amount) on the account when it is closed, a check will be issued after the final billing cycle has been processed.Sign Up for Budget Billing